Having anxiety during the day is hard enough, but when it prevents you from falling asleep, it can be unbearable. Fortunately, there are ways to help you calm anxiety and get to sleep, including:
- Breathing skills
- Progressive muscle relaxation
- Guided imagery
- Constructive worry
There are also many no-cost apps that you can download to help you with these methods. CBT-i Coach is popular and has a lot of useful information about improving sleep, especially in the section called “Quiet Your Mind.”
Talk with a professional
If you’re struggling to sleep, battling anxiety or need someone to talk to, meeting with a Laborers Health & Wellness Clinics clinician is a good place to start. They’ll help you figure out next steps that are tailored to your needs.
Make an appointment today
Call 952-687-8100 to make your first appointment. For all other visits, schedule online at https://www.healthpartners.com/laborersschedule
To schedule online:
- Visit https://www.healthpartners.com/laborersschedule and log onto your HealthPartners account
- Select Primary care as your visit type
- Answer the questions about your visit – including if you want a phone or video visit
- Your Laborers Health & Wellness Clinic will be listed under Search by location
Learn more about your Laborers Health & Wellness Clinics at MNlaborershealthwellnessclinics.org.